Sunday, January 20, 2013

Making An Alphabet Book


When my daughter was born in 2011, I wanted to find a way to capture a year's worth of photos in a snapshot. I was on Shutterfly making christmas cards for her first christmas, and stumbled upon the photo book templates they provide. I thought, what a great idea. A year's worth of ABC's to illustrate her life.



 Shutterfly provides a template with lots of additions you can choose, from page backgrounds to stickers. The template was very easy to customize. Our family members loved getting these as Christmas presents and it's become an annual tradition. I, once again, went back this year and created a completely different looking 2012 ABC book using the same template.



These are just a few samples pages of my first go-round with the project. 2012's book came out a little better, since I knew in advance to prep for what each letter would stand for. I choose to include some photos of events that take place throughout the year, and also stage some of my own.

If your interested in creating one of these photo memory books, check out the photo book templates at Shutterfly!

No comments:

Post a Comment