Friday, January 25, 2013

We've reached Picky Eater status!

My daughter is quickly approaching two year old status (March to be exact) and I would dub her the typical "picky eater" that I was hoping she wouldn't become. Many books, articles and other know-it-all parents warn you that it will happen... I still thought we would avoid it. Besides, I'm not one that likes hearing another mom brag about her child's good eating habits. 

My daughter followed the "right" path to being a good eater. Breast-fed, started solids at 4 months old, introduced to all of the veggies and "green" foods as well as many fruits, was introduced to kid foods of all kinds. But at 14 months old, she hit a wall and became the exclusively fruit and yogurt eating toddler. And at 22 months old, she still wont eat anything green, any veggies unless I hide them in rice, or any meat. She loves carbs, dairy and fruit. But that's it. If I could just sneak some vegetables into her preferred food groups, we'd be golden!

For any parents that have the same issue as me, which I'm sure there are millions of, you might all find this book a good read. At the very least, it gives you something to think about or try that you might not have done yet. And it certainly validates that you are not the only one dealing with the picky eater. 


This book is available on Amazon!

No comments:

Post a Comment